We have investigated a number of topics in the area of out-of-equilibrium dynamics many body systems. Examples are the universal scaling behavior after a quantum quench to a critical point, the proposal for a two-photon pump based on superconductors, or the population inversion of graphene after an intense Laser pulse. We investigate these systems with quantum non-equilibrium field theoretic approaches, primarily the Schwinger-Keldysh formalism.
Return to the research group - strongly correlated electrons.
- Universal postquench coarsening and aging at a quantum critical point, P. Gagel, P. P. Orth, and J. Schmalian, Physical Review B 92, 115121 (2015). https://arxiv.org/abs/1507.05821
- Universal Post-quench Prethermalization at a Quantum Critical Point, P. Gagel, P. P. Orth, and J. Schmalian, Physical Review Letters 113, 220401 (2014). https://arxiv.org/abs/1406.6387
- Ultrafast observation of critical nematic fluctuations and giant magnetoelastic coupling in iron pnictides, A. Patz, T. Li, S. Ran, R. M. Fernandes, J. Schmalian, S. L. Bud’ko, P. C. Canfield, I. E. Perakis, and J. Wang, Nature Communications 5, 3229 (2014). https://arxiv.org/abs/1402.4890
- Manipulation of a Two-Photon Pump in Superconductor-Semiconductor Heterostructures, P. Baireuther, P. P. Orth, I. Vekhter, and J. Schmalian, Physical Review Letters 112, 077003 (2014). https://arxiv.org/abs/1308.4684
- Transient charge and energy balance in graphene induced by ultrafast photoexcitation, J. Zhang, J. Schmalian, T. Li, and J. Wang, Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter 25, 314201 (2013). https://arxiv.org/abs/1303.6902
- Post-transient relaxation in graphene after an intense laser pulse, J. Zhang, T. Li, J. Wang, and J. Schmalian, European Physical Journal 222, 1263 (2013). https://arxiv.org/abs/1303.7014
- Femtosecond Population Inversion and Stimulated Emission of Dense Dirac Fermions in Graphene, T. Li, L. Luo, M. Hupalo, J. Zhang, M. C. Tringides, J. Schmalian, and J. Wang, Physical Review Letters 108, 167401 (2012). Editor’s suggestion, Selected for a Viewpoint in Physics; Featured in: “Graphene emits infrared light,” Physics World, Apr 25, 2012; “Could graphene be a laser?” Nature 484, 418 (2012); “Graphene found to emit infrared light,” PHYS.org, 26 Apr 2012; “New Properties of Carbon Material Graphene Discovered,” Science Daily, 30 May 2012 https://arxiv.org/abs/1112.2204